Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ya Gotta Be Kidding Me

My right knee has finally healed enough for me to run a few miles without any pain. I felt a little pain in my LEFT stupid knee after that 3.11 mile run last week, so I've been taking it easy "just in case". Having the flu helped me make the right decision to not try running, I guess I can thank airborne pathogens for that tiny bit of aided down time. Thanks.

I met up with one of my FAVE running friends, Ed, Monday morning for what we were hoping to be a 3-4 miler. By mile one, my left knee was KILLING me. I felt terrible about wrecking the run for Ed, as we had to turn around and walk back. Well, Ed walked, I limped while complaining and whining the whole way. (sorry Ed) Ed assures me he didn't mind at all. He's a sweetie.

So today, my knee is bothering me. It's the exact same injury I had on my right knee...IT band. I want to shove a needle in there and kill off the nerve endings. I'm sick of this. I've missed 5 races!! 6 if you count the Myakka 10K during the Endurance Project. *scream*

On a good note...I think I won the race series in my running group "Zoomers" for the women! That feels pretty good. Between that and winning the costume contest at the Turkey Trot (that I couldn't even run) I am feeling some happiness peeking through my frustration.

Here's to all my injured running friends: Heal fast, be well and know that you are not alone. You're NEVER alone.

5 comments:

Nitmos said...

Great costume, btw.

Keep the faith. The body will heal. Eventually.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Pfft! Easy for Nitmos to say! His body isn't in open revolt against him, the way our bodies are.

But ... he may be right.

Hang in there, Kim. I am. But I'm not even on speaking terms with my body ...

KimsRunning said...

I think I'm gonna stop talking to MINE too.

*sob, sob*

Thanks guys

Mel-2nd Chances said...

oh no! Feel better soon. :)

Sherry said...

Oh, Kim! Virtual hugs... again! You have really been getting the shaft these past few months. Have you thought about incorporating some strength training into your routine to help strengthen up those knees? It may help. What about trying out an ITB strap? It helped me when my left knee was hurting. I feel so bad for ya, kiddo... just totally sucks! Keep your chin up. This too will pass...