Saturday, May 21, 2011

Exciting Stuff Is Happening!!

FINALLY feeling great! Got a new med and it's like a miracle...Discovering MIX1 at one of the half marathon expos was also a huge plus. I have one in the morning and another around 4pm and I feel more energetic. I plan on continuing that through out the summer.

Now that I feel "on track" no pun intended...I feel ready to take on the full marathon once again. I have a personal trainer!!!!!!! Heather Butcher who owns TriFitSports here in SW Florida has taken on the challenge of getting me to qualify for the ultimate goal of running Boston!!! I am very excited!!! I was talking with my husband one day about wanting to qualify and he said if I was seriously ready I should call Heather. I think I was sending her an email before he finished the words...lol. My husband's support has always been so important to me. This gift is amazing and I am so thankful for the opportunity. Without his confidence in me and his words of wisdom I don't know where I'd be. Love him!!!!!!!!

Marathon training won't start until Aug since I plan on running Space Coast in November, but after meeting with Heather, we decided to get a jump start with some speed training for the next 8 weeks. That gives me a chance to work on the nutrition part of training too. I'm really curious to see how fast I can get with this 8 week training. I'm getting ready to embrace the pain!

3 comments:

Steven Cohen said...

That's great! I look forward to reading about your speed work, since I'm doing that too!

Coy Martinez said...

I bet you're pretty excited to get started and see where this takes you!

Sherry said...

I'm super excited for you, Kim! Can't wait to see what you are able to do out there this Fall! :-)