Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Have The Running Blahs.....

Sigh. I cannot get motivated these days. I haven't run in 2 weeks! Granted, I was sick the first week, started a new day job, still working my 2-3 nights a week OTHER job and have had a few embroidery jobs on top of that, but c'mon. I can't be the only busy person around here. The kids have been out of school for the summer the last couple weeks too. (They get out early here in Florida.) Friday runners club at the YMCA slamming to a halt for the summer doesn't help either. At least I had a guaranteed time with a running partner to keep it enjoyably competetive. I didn't realize how much I needed those weekly runs.

I have joined another track club. I figured this would help me stay focused. This one has 5k races on the beach every Tues night, but now I'm working too late on Tues to go to them. It's almost funny.

My Vibram 5 Fingers should be arriving any minute. That might get me going. I can't wait for those to get here. I was hoping to try them out before I bought them but I couldn't find a dealer here. I called to order them and found out the sizing is weird. I had to order 2 pairs to try them out, then I'll send the other pair back. I was disappointed they don't come in any girlie colors but the ones I did pick are cute.

My husband is out racking up his cycling miles. He's doing very well, biking with the Coastal Cruisers Tuesdays and Saturdays. They average about 35 miles each ride. After today's ride he'll have about 135 miles in this week. And he works between 55-60 hours a week! He did have an extra day off this week, that got him an extra ride he wouldn't normally get. I'd like to take this opportunity to mention his H-O-T legs. They go rather nicely with the rest of his H-O-T self. Lucky ME!

I am going to run right now. By the time I get dressed Bobby should be home. I'll be back later to let you know if I really ran or not....ha! Maybe I'll go to the track and do some speed laps.......

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Don't fret, Kim... I think the blahs happen to all of us at some point. There are days when I loathe getting up and putting on running shoes to do my outdoor runs(you know all about my heat phobia). There are other days when I question 'why' I do all this training... it's not like I'm earning a paycheck for it. And then a race comes around... makes it SO worth it!

I think you need to look around and find a race that takes place within a month's time. You may have to travel for it, but at least it will keep you motivated.

I saw a group of cyclists riding on 41 on the way home from the gym today. I was so envious of them! I haven't been out on my road bike in nearly THREE weeks! Ouch! *I'm going to whine now* It's just soooo hot out.... I felt so guilty when I saw the cyclists that I purposely scheduled in a 20 to 30 mile ride next Saturday. My bike has been so lonely that I wouldn't be surprised if it throws me off!! LOL!

Hope you have a great run today! I ran in a pair of Injinjis! FUN!