Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Run

Just in from a 3 miler. It's so wicked hot out. I went out kind of fast, I didn't feel the heat at first. At about 3/4 mile I was dying. I slowed to a jog to the end of the first mile, walked 30 seconds, started back up. I kept a slower pace this time. Oh, and during my whole 30 second walk, guess who goes gliding past me? Yeah, Mr Yellow-haired-gazelle-man. Running toward me, may I add. I never saw him coming! Where the heck does he come from????? We said hello as we passed, I should have thanked him for the nice breeze he created as he ran by. Whatever. He never passes me when I'm running. He must think I'm a walker....LOL

I ran on in the blazing heat, happy that I hydrated properly but still wishing the icecream man would go by. I turned around at 1.5 miles and walked across the street. Gazelle-man ran by me AGAIN with him going in the same direction! HOW????? He must run through the school or something. This time I ripped off my headphones and yelled "You're driving me CRAZY!!" He just gave out a laugh and kept going. I was laughing too. On the outside. On the inside I was screaming "Wait for me!" I actually tried to catch up to him but he was gone. All I got was more tired and very sweaty. I'm thinking of waiting in my car for him next weekend. And following him. Is that stalking??? Think he'd notice my car following behind him just a pace? LOL...I'm kidding, I wouldn't do that. I'd love to talk to him though. It doesn't seem right to stop someone when they're running just to chat. I've never seen him at any races.

I took my watch with me on this run. I ran 3 miles in 30:16. Slow. Ah well, what can I do?

2 comments:

Nitmos said...

Keep pressing on through the heat. At least you ar eout there. Could the gazelle be a heat induced mirage??

Black Knight said...

Unbealivable, on the same day the same situation but in 2 different parts of the world. The same thing happened to me.