Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve!!!

WOW!! This year just FLEW by!! I can only wish I could run that fast! Ha!! The new year is just around the corner and I am SO ready! I have a renewed confidence in myself for meeting a few specific goals. #1 is qualifying for Boston, of course, but I plan on having fun along the way. Kristi and I are doing the Warrior Dash in January for starters. It's 3.25 mile obstacle course through mud puddles, tunnels and who knows what else!!! You get a hat with horns at the end!! Then it's back to serious distance training.

I've had a couple pain free runs and it feels great! Finally finding out what the problem has been is a relief. Finding foods I can eat to sustain long runs is the new battle. I am trying out a protein shake mix today to see how that goes. It's a whey powder...should be fine. One thing I can't do is the GU Chomps. BUMMER! I love those things! I don't know if it's the sugar or the caffeine (seriously???) I can drink coffee but chocolate hurts within 10 minutes. I can eat turkey just fine...too bad tryptofan makes you sleep!! (actually, it aids your body in making vit B...which is good for muscles!!!) Trial and error I guess! Maybe shedding a few lbs will add speed...I'm so lazy when it comes to speed work! UGH!

Gotta run (haha!) I have a few last minute Christmas things to do...I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with family and friends this weekend!!! Here's to a new year, new goals, new joys!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

Hope you had a good run, happy new year!