Friday, January 14, 2011

Disney Half Jan 10, 2011

I ran this half with my Sole Sister Kristi. I think Disney has great events but I had sworn off doing their races after that Mini Mouse 15K a couple years ago. They're VERY crowded, expensive and too confusing getting to my car at the end. With the issues I've had I hesitate to spend big money on races I may not be able to do.

BUT (always a but) Kristi needed a relay partner for the Wine and Dine last Dec...I ran that as a freebee and then guess what??? Got another chance for a Disney freebee for the half! I was excited to run it with Kristi...even though she's as directionally challenged as me finding her way around...haha! We always have a great time. She's been an absolute God send...she keeps me positive when I'm not feeling well and have to stop.

Here's the not-so-good part. By the time we found out I'd be using this bib number it was too late to change the info...we had to start in corral "G" with the walkers. Please let me say that I think it's WONDERFUL to see anyone out there doing a half mary, I don't care how long it takes them. BUT (yep, another but) for someone who usually starts in corral "B" it was really tough getting through the crowds. I spent so much energy dodging people. Zig zagging, running on grassy slopes and getting cut off while people were stopping short for Disney character pics was frustrating. Some people were even holding hands while walking. I couldn't get through.

I tried speeding up when I saw a window but that was a disaster since I haven't quite figured out the nutrition part of running long distance with colitis. I crash and burn anywhere from 8 to 10 miles and this race had no exceptions. I should have gone out a little slower and paced better. There's a saying about hindsight...nuff said bout THAT.

Finished with out a PR. 2:23. I ran the last half on valuim with a 2:21...LOL...I did finish it. I will (try) not to complain. Kristi got a PR!!! 2:08!!!! Very proud (jealous, same thing) of her!! xxxooo
At the expo, I bought an MP3 player...it comes with a silicone arm band that snaps on like those snap bracelets the kids had years ago. It's hot pink (my color) and uses a mini chip. I have been unable to find this chip. They only had MICRO or REGULAR sizes, so irritating. I emailed the company and they're sending me the chip for free! NICE! I cannot wait to get it and try it out. If any of you have one of these, let me know what you think!!!

2 comments:

Nitmos said...

Congrats! There's nothing worse than starting in an inappropriate corral. Ugh!

Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete said...

Lol congrats on working it out and having a great attitude, hon! That's a rough situation indeed; it's more aggravating when the reason why you didn't do as well as you wanted was because of human error or timing. Blurgh! :P Way to rock it out, either way!