Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Body For Life, Week One Begins

My husband and I began our 12 week program yesterday. Let's just say, I'm ready to lick a stick of butter. Bobby assures me that soon I'll find joy in finding out that food has a naturally delicious flavor. No. I want my butter!!! I want some chips! I want beer!

I'm kind of exaggerating, it's not all that bad. I'll pretty much eat anything, don't let me fool you for a minute. It just seemed last night at around 8:30, a bowl of popcorn with a half a stick of melted butter all over it would be a perfect little snack. So I can't get that out of my head. My "funny" husband says "Why don't you have a nice cold glass of water?" Then I said "Why don't you give me the tv remote." He said sorry, but I heard him laughing. He also kept the remote.

I went to my yoga class, which I enjoy almost as much as running. Then went and did some resistance exercises for that flip hexor, ahhh....hip flexor. Geez, this stick of butter is making my fingers slip on my keyboard!!! Anyway, I wish it would just go away. I'm icing it right now. I tried to do 30 minutes on the stationary bike. I was 15 minutes into the cross training mode when I got bumped off. A woman told me I could only be on it for 15 minutes. I tried to explain it was a 30 minute limit but she wasn't going for it. I hopped off. My hip was bothering me by then anyway. On my way out though, I showed her the GREAT BIG HUGE sign that said 30 minute limit....heeheehee...I feel bad now though because she was a bit older. I should have taken the high road. But I bet she won't be kicking people off anymore. Hahaha! If that's the worst thing to happen to me today, I'll be golden!

Gotta go....my fridge is calling my name. Wish me luck and resistance to temptaion.
...

No comments: