Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cape Cod, Ma Marathon

OOOOOOOOOHHH....guess what I found out????? The Cape Cod marathon is a qualifying marathon for BOSTON! But, I'd need to shave 1 hour, 47 minutes to do that. In seven months. For a 42 year old woman, I need to have a finish time of 3:50:59 from a qualifying marathon. I need to run this past Jim. He'll tell me like it is. I already asked him what he thought my finish time would be for Cape Cod, he said 5 hours, but that was before I started thinking about Boston. I saw Jim this morning but he was busy and I was too chicken to ask....LOL

This is all happening because I can't run, so I went and bought a couple of books about women who run. I was up past midnight reading about these phenomenal women, they made me so excited I couldn't sleep. I got out of bed and started looking at marathon maps and happened across the list of qualifying races for Boston. I thought "NO WAY", then I thought, "Well, why not?" I feel excited just writing this!

I wonder if I should do a half sometime in July as a gage. This flexor better hurry up and heal. I have some plans, babyyyyyyyy.........
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: