Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back To Blogging

It has come to my attention that a certain SOMEONE (who looks remarkably like Steve Tyler) is in need of some useless words. Which is good, since that's all I got tonight.

As you know, I ran a half marathon last Saturday, did rather poorly once the IT band was properly freakin killin me but still placed 2nd in my age group. Shocking since I walked QUITE a bit. I'm happy though. Except for my McFatty Pants pictures. Whatever...those shorts are LONG gone.

I'm on "no running" rehab for the IT band for the week. It's feeling so much better, but I know it needs to heal. Still a little sore. I'll be ready for a run by Sunday.

Today was the first day for Runners Club at the YMCA. One of our newer runners is Laurie. She's an older woman who just lost 160 lbs after gastric bypass! Laurie has already had the excess skin removed and looks FABulous! Her doc told her she was ready to start exercising so she came straight to the YMCA. We are starting her with fast paced walking until she builds up some stamina. Laurie is an upbeat, very sweet lady. Her goal is to run a half marathon. She came to the right place!!! I am looking forward to seeing her make this goal.

Ok GQ...I came, I blogged and now I'm going to bed. It's only 9pm!!! But I had a very full day.
I'll catcha in the AM!!!

2 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

More, MORE - I'm not satisfied!! I don't read that many blogs so the people I do read must keep up a superhuman pace! It's what they signed up for!

Good luck to your friend. My little sister, who's had a weight problem all her life, just lost 65 lbs. She had to lose 50 on her own adn keep it off for a certain amount of time before they would agree to let her have that band-around-the-stomach surgery, which she just had.

She's training to WALK a marathon and a half (26.2 one day; 13.1 the next) next year.

9 p.m. is my normal bedtime. Yes, I am that lame.

Steven Tyler is in bed by 8, I hear. But, you know, not sleeping.

KimsRunning said...

Not satisfied???? I'm not used to hearing those words!!!

Congratulations to your sister!!! I think it's fantastic that she's doing so well. Tell her every January, Disney has a run called "The Goofy" where they run a half marathon on a Saturday, then run a full the next day! Hence the name "The Goofy". But it fills up really fast, she'd have to sign up for 2010 as soon as they post it. Personally I'm more of a "Princess" than a "Goofy" and will never ever try that particular race craziness.

In bed at 8pm and not sleeping? I think I'ma gonna try that.