Wednesday, November 26, 2008

YMCA Runner's Club

Well, well, well. I ran 3 miles today without pain. I did feel some tightness near the end so I walked the last half mile. I'm thinking the Turkey Trot is totally do-able tomorrow! Might not PR, but that's fine.

There's a costume contest so I'm dressing up as an Indian. My son keeps calling me Sacajawea but I was leaning more toward Pocahontas....lol. Someone I know has a few Indian props and one of them is a papoose! How adorable is a papoose??? My husband is coming too, he'll get some pictures and if I look as sexy as I think I'm gonna, I'll post 'em.

Back to Runners Club:

There were 3 of us there today, I figured there wouldn't be too many because of the holiday. My sidekick, Mike (LOL) and our newest Endurance team member, Chris and I headed out. Chris admitted he wasn't feelin' much running love today. I admitted I was still breathing impaired and Mike was in his usual form...always ready. We went with an 11 minute pace...at first...then we got talking and found ourselves at 9 min. By then Chris was into it, like I knew he would be and I found a comfy breathing pattern. If you can call it breathing. We settled into a 10 min pace.

It was a nice leisurely run. We stopped at the bridge and saw huge talapia swimming around. There were about 20 of them. There was a HUGE turtle laying on the weeds. Probably 24 inch in diameter sized shell. We skipped the Garden Of 5 Senses Park, reluctantly for me, but the guys were uninterested today. Now that I know how to use the sundial in there, I get such a kick out of it.

Here are a few pictures of the park... Here's the sundial.




Pretty waterfall...... Cabbage garden........



Oooohhhh, a park bench! There's a bench swing in there too.
I lay on it with my iPod sometimes, when I'm needed some
alone time. Very relaxing place.



I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families. Eat, drink and BE MERRY!
Kisses and hugs to all,
Kim


1 comment:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hey, sister! Good luck on your Trot. Forget even trying to PR and just enjoy it!

Nice pix of the park.

One of Ian's fav shows is on the Discovery Channel: Dirty Jobs. (Basically, guy goes round the country doing various for real dirty jobs for a day.) In one episode, he did fish farming at a hatchery and one of the types of fish was talapia. That's how we learned that talapia live off the poop of other fish. I myself never cared for talapia, so no big loss. But one of the Branch Mgrs in my library system also watches Dirty Jobs, and she informed me that her Dad gave up talapia cold after learning this little tidbit.

Sorry to tell you this if you were intending to have stuffed talapia with all the fixins this Thxgvg! You could just eat poo and cut out the middleman.

Ian loves the DJ episodes that feature poo talk. He loves to discuss them in detail while we eat. He is, after all, when all is said and done, a 9-year-old boy.

Glad to hear the knee is evidently recovering.

Good luck!