Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wii Fever

Wii got the kids a Wii for Christmas and let mii just say...Wii is F-U-N! The six of us spent a good hour and a half making our mii(s) Christmas afternoon. They're little replicas of ourselves and it's so funny to see them all lined up on the tv. We had just as much fun making them as we did playing.

Robby (my 9 year old son) was boxing and I looked over at him at one point and saw him going bananas....lol...I had to tell him to back away from the tv before he threw the remote through the screen! He had sweat pouring down his face....LOL. Maybe we have a Marvelous Marvin Hagler in our midst.

I also kicked kid-butt in bowling, which is funny since I don't like to bowl in real-life. We're going to try out some more games this weekend. Should be fun. Kerri (my 22 yr old) and Kirstin (my 20 yr old) (who is having a BABY in July!!!) played tennis. I gotta try that. I love watching them all play together. Makes my heart just feel so peaceful. I love my family.

They should make a runner game where you run a race on a treadmill. You can play against people through WiFi on these other games, why not a runner game?? How fun would THAT be???? Talk about cross training!

RUNNING

I saw the doctor last Wednesday. I have a few tests next week and I'll get a better idea of what's going on. Doc told me to run on the grass in case I fall again (HA). He knows not to tell me to stop running. That would be like telling him he can't scuba dive! Not that I'd try to tell him he can/can't do ANYTHING! Wouldn't that be a type of insubordination?? I'm glad I went to see him. He'll get things straightened out.

I am meeting Chris at the gym for a run at 9am this morning. We'll see how that goes. It's been a week since I ran. I have rested, kinda. Didn't run at least. Except for my mall marathon! Came in under 4 hours! I almost BQ'd!!!!!

4 comments:

joyRuN said...

I'm as uncoordinated on the Wii as I am in real life! Why didn't anyone tell me that I didn't have to keep running back & forth across the room to play tennis? Arm movements would've sufficed, but my fam enjoyed watching me make a complete idiot outta myself.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, joyRuN, don't be so modest! We all enjoy watching you make an idiot outta yourself!

(I don't fear saying that cos I know she'll never see it.)

Kim, I haven't run in like 2 and a half weeks. Just as I was feeling as though I could (but was still waiting for the new year, as I vowed I would), my dog decided to re-cripple me. Possibly because he thinks if I can't run OR walk, he'll never be forced to go outside again; which is his only goal in life.

Is there a Wii running game? Cos the way things are going, that may be the only running I'll be capable of doing in the future.

People who are ashamed to admit their kids beat them at things should take heart when they look at me - outfoxed by a dog! And a borderline-moron dog, at that.

Oz Runner said...

I love our Wii....we were planning on getting a new BBQ grill about 3 months ago, but somehow got a Wii instead (my wife says we better be able to cook on it)....our 6 year old is the best bowler in the family, and we've had some great family nights with it, so I think it's just as good, or better, than a new grill.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Wii is super fun, and my son kicks my butt at most games... I like your idea about the racing from a treadmill! Sounds like it was an awesome day. Good luck on your run today :)