Thursday, January 15, 2009

Freezing Here In Florida (updated)

This post has been removed by the author on the grounds it was misrepresenting her true feelings. (kinda...HA)

My previous post (that I'm editing now) was horrible. I'm ready to be me again.

Thanks for the kind words, it helped...A LOT!

Now here's a funny little thing that happened just this morning:


My daughter, Emily who is eleven (magical age) is a slowwwww poke in the morning. I must repeat myself 50 times coaxing her to get ready for school. This morning I said, exasperated-like..."Em, why can't you move a little quicker?????"

She looked at me and said matter-of-factly..."Because Kirstin dropped me on my head when I was a baby."

Which is true. Emily was about 5 months old, Kirstin was 9 years old when that happened. She never even cried. But it's true just the same.

Now this is not as funny as the vagina chronicles but proof that our kids are punny.

Gotta love 'em!!!

7 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Aw, Kim, I'm sorry to hear this! Feel free to guest blog at Y R U So F-ing Angry any time you want.

Try to take a long view, though. I have faith this will all sort itself out ... eventually.

Until then ...

TITTER!!!

Did you giggle at that? Because that word is inherently funny because it includes in it the word "t*t", which is comedy gold and also has some erotic applications, I'm told.

The t*t is very versatile that way.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

{hugs} girl, i'm so so sorry. make sure you keep us posted on anything you figure out! I have to know if you laughed at Mr.G's comment...

KimsRunning said...

Of course GQ got me giggling! He always does.

I'm usually a very optimistic, happy person, but this BS is getting me down. I should snap out of it soon.

Thanks guys...xoxoxo

Steven Cohen said...

Maybe you just need a break. I'm no doctor, but at least I don't play one on TV!

Hey, why aren't you on buckeye? It's an easy way to track mileage, and such...

Melissa said...

Thank you for linking to my blog!!!
I feel like I've arrived!

And just so you don't think I'm a complete moron, I do know how to spell Glaven; it's just a little thing I do with LavenGAY (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

XOXO

And you're in my favorites because anyone who links to me is automatically my favorite! I'm really shallow that way.

And I would link to you, but I am only one very small step above COMPLETE moron status and I don't know how to do that!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Geez, Kim, now my original comment looks idiotic because it doesn't match your re-purposed post!

I don't need anyone's help to look idiotic. I got that covered all on my own.

Glad you're feeling better.

Your story reminds me of a time a few years ago when Ian was having a total meltdown and we got all exaspereated with him and we asked him:

"What is WRONG with you?"

And he replies:

"I {*sob*} h-h-had {*sob*} t-too much {*sob*} SUGAR!"

Which is what we would say about him when he crashed from a sugar high.

Steven Cohen said...

The Buckeyes? The BUCKEYES? No Wisconsin fan likes the Buckeyes! And no one from MA even knows who the Buckeyes are. But Buckeye Outdoors (.com) is a social site for uploading and tracking your workouts. find me as bandsteve!