Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sigh.....

I haven't been able to run since the marathon, which will be 3 weeks Sunday. I am so bored. I still have hopes of running on Friday with the gym club, but I should admit the flexor is still hurting. ROM is much, much better though. Jim said it would be about 3 weeks before I'd run and as much as I didn't want to hear that, he was right. So far, he's been right on about every stage of my running, from injuries to the actual marathon, and for the most part I did tell myself not to push it for 3 weeks....BUT I WANNA RUN.

Having to put my running on hold has me on the elliptical and stationary bike and I have become one with the gym equiptment. HA! Well, for now anyway. As soon as I can run outside I'll be dropping the indoor exercises like a bad boyfriend. Might not even say bye, just walk off into the sunset leaving them wanting more and wondering what the outdoors has that they don't.....(it's feeling free, in case you don't know)

The Body For Life program is a good one, I have made a game out of not eating potato chips and licking sticks of butter. Every time I feel the longing for that stuff I look at the new bathing suit I just got. That seems to work....LOL I didn't even try it on, I just bought it. I put it on when I got home, it does fit but I think it'll be 10 more weeks before I wear it in public. And if I look as good in it as I hope I will, I'll be wearing it to the grocery store.....LOL (just kiddin')

I have volunteered for a 10K trail run in April with my Zoomers club. I do not like to run on trails, but I love to see everyone, so I'll take my bike, my camera and my past experience as a cheerleader and go have fun. Maybe I'll get one of those squirt gun things that hold 3 gallons of water and squirt people who want it!! Hmmmm....I'll have to look into that. Trails are dirty, might make mud.....

...

No comments: