Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Ran Today!

I got to the gym around 11:15, stretched out with Bonnie and did 30 minutes on the bike. I wasn't too into working out, I'm really missing my running. I'm very tired lately too, another thing I'm blaming on my non-running status. I'm not sleeping very well. As I walked out of the gym toward my car, I decided to take a little tester run. I was wearing a long sleeved shirt and my shorts that tend to fall down when I run, but OH WELL! The desire hit me at that moment so away I went, shorts slipping with every stride....lol...kidding, I tied them tighter as I walked across the street. I ran slow and smoothly for about 5 minutes, then I walked a bit. Seemed to feel ok. I ran a "frolic" from telephone pole to telephone pole, then walked again. I ran slow and smoothly again, checking for the telltale pain that lets me know I'm not ready to run and decided it wasn't hurting any worse. I didn't quite go out a mile when I turned back. I repeated the walk/run/frolic all the way back. My flexor pain was there, I won't lie, but it did not get worse. I am hopeful for tomorrow's Runners Club in the morning. That was another reason I didn't want to go too far today. I wanted to save some for tomorrow.
.
I can see my spikes from where I'm sitting. I want to try them out SO bad. I can almost hear my coach's voice saying DON'T DO IT! Awwww, what the hey....I'll be right back....I'm just going to sprint down the street. Haha!!!
.
.
.

No comments: