Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Minnie 15K At Disney


I keep forgetting to post that I've signed up for the Minnie 15K for May 4th. Maybe because I'm not 100% sure I can even run it. I signed up before I re-injured the flexor in class last Friday. I still wasn't sure I could run it before that so I was pretty upset when I pulled it again. The good news is, we booked the whole weekend (2 nights) in Disney so even if I can't run it, we'll still have a great time. The kids are very happy and Bobby loves Disney even more than they do, so I know we'll have a blast. Now I need to find a red shirt with white polka dots!
.
I'll see how this Friday's run goes. If I can run it, I will. If not, I will just have a fun weekend with my family.
.
BODY FOR LIFE
.
I really thought I screwed up my diet. I was pretty surprised (though pleasantly) to step on the scale and see I still lost a couple more pounds. I have gone back to eating right and I raised up the weights today for upper body. We did 1000 crunches in class on Monday but we did them in 100 increments. I've been doing so many of them lately that I wasn't even sore after that class! Jim asked if anyone had sore abs this week and I said NOT ME! I don't think he believed me. HA!
.
Went to yoga today. I sooo love that class. It's thinned out a little, I think some snowbirdies went home. On my way into that class a man passed me on the walkway and told me I was a HOT CHICK! Ok, I guess I should tell the whole story, huh? It was a little chilly this morning and I had on a tank top, no sweater. The man (who was about 65) asked me if I was cold, I said no. That's when he said I was a hot chick. Not as thrilling with all the info out. It was funny though!!! Made my day anyway!!!
.
Alrighty....there's my update....headed out to work soon.....
.
.
.

2 comments:

Nitmos said...

Enjoy that Disney run! I did the Goofy Challenge through the parks in January and it was an absolute blast. Running should be fun. Regardless of training preparedness, you can still enjoy the fun of the event! Good luck.

Sherry said...

I just "googled" your race, Kim... and it looks fantastic! The run segment of the Danskin tri takes me on a route through the Magic Kingdom as well. So exciting! I think you are going to LOVE this race... even if you aren't 100% physically. Just enjoy the entire experience!

Orlando has so many cool running and tri events. I know we aren't "that" far away, but darn, sometimes I wish we lived A LOT closer!!!