Friday, April 18, 2008

YMCA Runner's Club

YAY!! I ran today. Did my core exercise class first. Had a great workout as usual. Did a tiny bit of pilates with Bonnie and headed out with Mike. We ran easy and walked when my flexor acted up a little. Kinda babied it. We did about 4 miles, mostly walking. We chatted, read some plaques and looked for gators in the creek along the way. Had a very nice visit actually. I may be looking for another little jaunt later. I feel much more hopeful with the Disney 15K May 4th. I probably won't get a PR but I don't care. Everything is relative, right? I will be happy just to be there.

2 comments:

The Laminator said...

I'm glad your trial run went well. If you take it easy rest of the way, you'll be ready for the 15K. Good luck!

Sherry said...

Yay, Kim! I'm so glad that you were able to get in some running this week. I can imagine how frustrating the past month has been for you. You are totally doing the right thing by throwing in those walk breaks when you need them.

May 4th is right around the corner! Don't worry about PR'ing, just enjoy the atmosphere. Then again, if you've never done a 15K race before, your time WILL be a PR. :o)

Keep my spot warm in Orlando for me! I'll be up there from the 9th through the 11th! SOOOO freakin' excited! I'm also committing to the Miami Man tri today! Woot! So many things to look forward to! :o)

HUGS!