Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Space Coast Marathon

Well, the Space Coast Marathon is coming up and I have not run since the FCA Half Marathon. I'm so worried about my knee (IT band) that I'm just resting/icing it. But it still hurts even though I haven't run yet.

Today is the day.

I have a yoga class this morning at 9am, then runners club at 10:15. Mike will be there to call me a baby (just kiddin'....we razz each other MERCILESSLY) Mike's a personal trainer, so I'll have some good advice and some great guidance.

We booked 2 nights at the Ramada for the marathon. Dick Beardsley will be the speaker and I cannot wait to check him out. Nitmos, I can hug him for ya if you'd like...LOL. Anyway, the hotel is right on the beach so my husband and I will be lounge lizards! My daughter Kerri will stay with Em and Robby for the weekend. NO KIDS! Yippeeeee!!!! Although we feel some guilt, my son would love Space Coast. We decided to take the kids there after the marathon. With 3000 people showing up to race, it'll probably be very crowded anyway. I shouldn't be walking around for 50 miles the day before a marathon either. The kids will have more fun going another time.

Gotta run...yoga starts in 15 minutes!!!!

2 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Kim, I'm the last person who should be giving this advice - in the "Physician, Heal Thyself" sense - but try not to psych yourself out. Your leg will be better by race day; do what it allows up till then. Your rock bottom goal should be "I want to finish." You'll do way better than merely finish, but if you can take that attitude and hold it, what you do manage to do over and above finishing will be icing.

I wish I myself were as Zen as this advice makes me sound, but, you know, being raised Irish Catholic is the antidote to even the most powerful injections of Zen.

Hey! How did this comment all of a sudden become about me?

Sorry. (<--Irish Catholic guilt)

gq

KimsRunning said...

Oh boy....an Irish Catholic boy....lol. My husband is too! He still shakes when a nun walks by....lol. I am not Catholic.

Thank you for the wonderful advice, you're totally right. It's just sucky knowing how far behind I am in my training. Seems like it's always something! See next post for the update...