Monday, January 14, 2008

Tell me some stuff....

I have some questions for you seasoned runners. If you have a few minutes, please leave your answers in the comment box! Thank you SO much...


1. Do you take anything with you when you run? If yes, how do you carry it?

2. What was the scariest think you've had happen to you on a run?

3. What was the best thing?

4. How do you keep from getting abrasions, from clothing, for example?

5. What's the best advice anyone ever gave you about running?

6. Why did you start running?

7. What is your next goal for running?

8. What do you personally feel is more important, distance or speed?

9. Do you like to run in the rain?

10. What do you eat/drink before a race?

I'll give my answers later. I can't wait to get some responses back!!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!
Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Do you take anything with you when you run? If yes, how do you carry it?

Cell phone, iPod and after tomorrow....PEPPER SPRAY

2. What was the scariest think you've had happen to you on a run?

I got bit by a dog. Waaahhhh!!!

3. What was the best thing?

Meeting people along the way, seeing my neighborhood from a new point of view, smelling the fresh air.

4. How do you keep from getting abrasions, from clothing, for example?

I need to know this part....

5. What's the best advice anyone ever gave you about running?

Proper running shoes!!! That and Jim taught me to breath and pace myself. The technique he has taught me works!!! (thanks Jim)

6. Why did you start running?

October 2007. I'm HOOKED!

7. What is your next goal for running?

After this marathon in March, I'd LOVE to train for a tri-athalon. I start swimming next week and I'm going to add biking to my running after the marathon.

8. What do you personally feel is more important, distance or speed?

Well, right now....distance, but speed is always in my head. I want to be fast. I try to kick up my speed at the END of my training runs so I don't lose my distance energy while training for the marathon. I like to win things so that comes into play quite often.

9. Do you like to run in the rain?

Yes, actually. I ran a 5K in a downpour. It was kind of fun, very refreshing and extremely squishy....LOL...I know now what to wear for a run in the rain....HA!!

10. What do you eat/drink before a race?

I wake up 2 hours before a race, have a cup of coffee (I know, I know) orange juice and about a cup of scrambled egg beaters. That gives me about an hour and a half for it to settle. I eat a power bar on the way to the race. I'm curious to know what others eat.....