Friday, January 11, 2008

Back On Track!!!

I went to my "on the ball" exercise class today to test my injury. It's a lot of stretching and core exercises. It went very well so I ran with Mike from the YMCA after class. We did just under 3 miles. I did feel a sharp pain here and there, and it's a little sore now but I feel good about continuing. Tomorrow I'm running my longest run so far. 11 miles. I really feel like that will test my ability for the marathon. If I can't do 11 miles tomorrow, I think my goal to finish the marathon may be in jeopardy. Can't have that. No sireeeee. I know I can do it.

Posting these little blurbs have been good for me because it's like making promises to someone other than myself. I'd never break a promise to anyone but me. HA!! I guess I'm using some kind of psychological mind game with myself...let's see if it works...lol.

I ran 7 miles in 72 minutes last Tuesday, so I'm looking to come in at about 2 hours, 20 minutes. Which reminds me of something kinda funny. I'll share this with you now....

I'd been thinking I could do a half marathon in about 2 hours, 50 minutes. This has kind of been my goal time for next week to see where I may come in for the full marathon. I've had that time on my mind for so long, that when I signed up for the Grouper Run and it asked for my estimated finish time, I put in.....ready for a chuckle????.....I used my birth date....3-22-66. So I put in 3 hours, 22 minutes, 6 seconds. HAHAHA!! I didn't even think twice until I mentioned this to my husband.

KIM: I registered for the marathon online today.
BOBBY: Good for you!
KIM: Yeah, I almost forgot! Woulda shown up without a number!
BOBBY: How long do you think it'll take you?
KIM: The form asked for an estimate on finishing time. I put in my birth date numbers. Isn't that CUTE??? Kinda like good luck.
BOBBY: But.....isn't that just over 3 hours?
KIM: Yeah, gee, you're a math wiz AND goodlookin'....heeheehee
BOBBY: Very funny. You do know the world record is about 2 hours, 10 minutes, right?
KIM: PFFFTTT, of course I know that!
BOBBY: (treading carefully, like a good husband who wants me to continue to be his wife, he says these EYE OPENING words.....) Oh, well that's GREAT that you'll be coming in just an hour after the fastest marathon runner EVER.
KIM: (dead silence as I ponder these words that were spoken so very carefully)
KIM: (still dead silence for a moment longer)
KIM: Ummmm, I think I MAY have made a mistake.
BOBBY: Now THAT'S funny!
KIM: You're right, it is...

We got a laugh over that. Reality is, I'll be happy to even finish it. I'd love to come in at about 5 hours, 30 minutes, but I honestly will be just as thrilled when I cross that line at any time. Except for last. I cannot come in last. NO WAY! Hahahaha!! Besides, I hear the refreshment table is pretty much empty after the 3 hour runners finish. I don't know what's on that table but I need to see it. And partake of the gatorade I know will be there. Just in case I don't get there on time, I'll have Bobby pack me a few eclairs. Those are delicious.

Talk about keeping your eye on the prize...lol.

No comments: