Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Well, I was working on getting my story out until I got to where I am now, but I pulled a muscle today and I'd like to take this opportunity to complain about it. @*#&$^%!!!!!!!!! I'm so mad at myself. I did a yoga class this morning thinking it would be a perfect way to stretch before my 5.5 mile run. And it might have been had I not over done it on the butterfly stretch. That's where you put your feet together, pull them toward you and kind of lightly bounce your knees. This stretches your inner thigh, great exercise for runners. I did feel it a bit during the class, but I'm used to the stretching. Came home, headed out and got about 1 mile out when I felt the beginning of an ache. I kept going. By the time I hit 2 miles I was hurting. So I walked the rest of the way home thinking I'd go rest it. I kind of panicked when it hurt to lift my foot off the floor, so I called my trainer and he told me to ice it and rest. I finally got to the point where I can start adding some serious mileage to my run and now this happens. I only have about 7 weeks left to train for this marathon....

I'll be back when I stop feeling sorry for myself.....LOL

No comments: