Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sarasota Florida Grouper Run

Hello!

I'm Kim. This is my very first blog, so bear with me while I find my way!

I signed up at my neighborhood YMCA last October, thinking I'd like to get toned up...maybe even start eating right (ha). I met the wellness coach, Jim, who took me around to check out the machines etc. Then he asked me a magical question....

JIM: Do you have any goals?
KIM: Wellllllllll......
JIM: What brought you to the gym?
KIM: Ummmmmm.......
JIM: Would you like more energy?
KIM: Ok!!
JIM: What type of exercise do you usually do?
KIM: Well, I walk to the mailbox.....

At this point, I decided to be honest with Jim. So I told him I never, ever exercise, I eat whatever I want, I love beer and I put butter (lots) on almost everything I eat. And I'd LOVE to run a marathon some day. This got his attention. I didn't know it, but Jim and his wife are avid runners. They've both run many marathons and even won some! I hit the jackpot and my trek to the Sarasota Grouper Run had begun.........

More to come.....

No comments: